The day for my biopsy arrived, and I dragged around the house until the last minute until it was time to leave to go the to the doctor's office. The procedure went well and started off with of course another mammogram, this time two additional mammograms to get a better look at the cysts the doctor wanted to check. Needless to say, after that it was time for the Electrostatic Biopsy. This type of biopsy requires the patient to lay down parallel to the floor in a compression table with an opening in the table for the breast to go through. The area be biopsied is numbed up with a topical anesthetic and the procedure begins with an ongoing live digital mamnmogram taking picures while the doctor uses a needle with a suction to procure the tissue to be collected. I had three different locations to be checked and other than being a little uncomfortable on a compression table laying face down with one of my "girls" getting squished, poked with a needle attached to a vacuum device, I would say it wasn't that painful.
A day and half after the biopsy, my awesome doctor called me with great news - No cancer anywhere! My awesome doctor called me from her cell phone while on vacation to tell me the news. Yay! I said a prayer of thanks and prayed for all the other women out there going through the same thing, and for those who are diagnosed with breast cancer.
Three days later after the procedure it felt like my boob had got hit with a baseball bat. Thank goodness for the prescription pain medication. A few weeks later the bruise looked worse and turned every color of the rainbow. About a month later, I can finally say I am officially healed and thankful that my outcome was a good one. I can handle a bad bruise and a small puncture wound compared to the other women who are battling breast cancer. It never is too late to get a mammogram, when in doubt get checked out, you might save your own life.
No comments:
Post a Comment